Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Santa's Coming to Town

Hi everyone, Steph Ackerman here today with a fun new Christmas sign.


I picked up this Halloween sign after Halloween because it seemed like I could bring new life to it.   I began by sanding it with the Proxxon Delta Sander to remove the finish so it could be decorated.


Once sanded, I painted the piece with black gesso.  Going through my stash I pulled out lots of chipboard elements.  Once I like their placement, I glued them in place.


Then I painted everything with white gesso, letting some of the black gesso peak through.


To finish I sprayed on assorted Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists to add color.  Heat setting between each layer allowed the colors to stay vibrant.


This is a wonderful addition to my home's seasonal décor.



Thanks for stopping by.




3 comments:

Misty said...

What a lovely Plaque Steph. You did a great job
of refurbishing a old piece to a most
attractive Christmas item.
Well done and I love the design.

Carol Wulf said...

Nice job. I like that you took one thing and made something entirely new and really beautiful. Good instructions also.

Cindy said...

Now that's what I like, to repurpose and reuse! I like the Christmas sign a LOT better. Nice piece.