Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Christmas Joy

Hi everyone, Steph Ackerman here today with a fun new Christmas sign I've created for my home this season.   It was easily created with the help of some amazing Proxxon Tools.  And with Christmas just a few weeks away, it's a great addition to my home's seasonal décor.


Using a plate as a template, I drew an ornament shape on plywood and just free handed the top of the ornament.


I used the Proxxon Jigsaw to cut out the ornament.



Once theornament was cut, I used the Delta Sander to sand down the rough edges.


Using Plaid Ultra Dye in Infra Red, I painted the ornament using a brush from the Plaid Ultra Dye Brush Pack.  Then I used a stencil with molding paste to create a 3 dimensional design.


Once the molding paste was dry, I replaced the stencil and sprayed on some glimmer mist.



Using the Precision Rotary Tool with a small bit, I drilled several holes in the panel.  I wanted to add some foliage and needed a way of anchoring the foliage in place.


I created a bow using the Bowdabra then tied the bow to the foliage. 


I wrapped thin wire around the foliage and then threaded it through the holes in the ornament.  Although it looks lovely, I felt my ornament needed a little "something".



So I decided to paint the edges of the ornament with Folk Art Brushed Metal Acrylic Paint in Silver.  Then, Joy was die cut from cardstock and Rinea Foiled Paper and added.  Finally, foil was added to the top to finish the ornament look.  



Thanks for stopping by.



1 comment:

Misty said...

That's really a pretty sign for the holidays.
You did a great job with the directions as well.
Congratulations on a good job.