Sunday, August 19, 2018

How to Make Miniature Ornaments from Scrap Wood

It's never too early to begin crafting for Christmas. These miniature ornaments are made from scrap wood, and are an easy beginner project. They're great for tiny trees and for doll house ornaments.

Supplies and Equipment for the Miniature Ornaments

Instructions for Making the Miniature Ornaments

  1. Measure the thickness of the scrap. I used a piece of stair tread, so my blocks are 1" cubes. This will be the size of the cube. Mark cut lines on the scrap wood.
  2. Use a band saw to cut the blocks.
  3. Sand the edges on the disc sander.
  4. With the drill press, drill a pilot hole for the screw eye in the center of one side.
  5. Cut six squares from the patterned paper slightly smaller than the side of the block. Use Mod Podge to adhere these to the block.
  6. Add the screw eyes.
  7. Decorate the blocks with ribbon and jingle bells.
Carole

2 comments:

Cindy said...

You are so clever Carole! I can see people making a lot of these ornaments.

Misty said...

I love your post Carole, they are always
so creative and your instructions are clear
and easy to follow. Thank you for sharing this
project,as Christmas will be on us before we know it.
Sorry it took more time than usual for me to post.
Life around here has been filled to the max and
I am having a hard time keeping up.
Any how I made it, and happy I did.
Great project.