Sunday, November 21, 2021

How To Build A 3 Candle Wall Sconce

 


Hi everyone!  I wanted to share with you a wall sconce I built.  This is based on a tin sconce I've seen in a lot of stores that sell colonial lighting.  I thought using some scrap wood I could come close to making something that looked similar.  Follow along with me and I'll show you how I made it.


Supplies

  Proxxon 2-Speed Scroll Saw

  Proxxon Disc Sander

  Proxxon Power Carver

  Scrap 1/2" birch plywood

  Wood Glue

  Drill and drill bit

  3 Small tin candle holders

  Plaid Paint  Black

  Plaid Inspirations Varnish  Matte 


First I started out by drawing a paper pattern then transferred it to my scrap plywood.




Next using my Proxxon 2-speed scroll saw I cut it out.






I also cut out 3 small rectangles of wood to be glued on the bottom to hold the candle cups.




I sanded all the pieces using the Proxxon Disc Sander.




Next I glues and nailed those 3 pieces onto the notches of the base.





I drew some lines on the base and carved them out using the Proxxon Power Carver.




I lightly sanded everything and painted with Plaid Paint.  I chose black.




Using my drill I drilled a tiny hole at the top for hanging.




 
I gave it one coat of  Plaid Inspirations Matte Varnish.  Let dry then attached the candle cups with glue.



Here's my finished sconce. It can sit on a table or hang on the wall. I purchased 3 short battery operated candles to complete it.




Thanks for following along with me.  This was a fun and simple project. 
Colleen  :-)






No comments: