Thursday, November 18, 2021

How to make a decorative snow stick.

 It's coming... You know it is.... Winter is coming. and that means snow...    Well, for most of us anyway.   Now that I am retired I enjoy snow.  Used to hate to drive in it but now, staying home cuddled up and warm, looking out the window.  Yeah I like snow.  

 Today I have an easy project.  We are going to make a snow stick so that we know just how much snow is out there, without having to go out there.  😎



Project Supplies and equipment.

1 piece of scrap board, preferrably outdoor wood.   I am using a piece of 3/4 inch treated yellow wood that was once part of a dog-earred fence board. 

Proxxon mini bandsaw, or Proxxon mini scroll saw

Proxxon cordless mini belt sander

yardstick or ruler.

Plaid paints and other decorative tidbits if desired, glitter, etc. 

Outdoor sealer. 

My wood piece is approxamately 24 inches x 3 inches

I need a pointy end so I can hammer it into the ground,  I use about 7" for that.  I used the Proxxon mini bandsaw to cut the spike it but you can use the Proxxon scroll saw if you prefer.

Next I drew a rudimenttary snowman on top.   (Like the woodcarvers do fancy canes), and cut it out using the Proxxon mini scroll saw



I painted it white for a first coat then painted my snowman on top with beautiful plaid paints. I painted  the stick brown.


I made a ground line then measured off my inches and painted them on my stick.

After a quick spary of sealer, he is ready to go live outside.
 

🎝🎜🎝🎜🎝Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.   🎝🎜🎝🎝
(We rarely get more than a few inches)
   
Thanks for visiting.   Catch you next time.   Carol W,    


No comments: