Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Cute Valentine Themed Crate


Hi everyone and Happy New Year! Tammy here with a cute idea for a Valentines holder for your child's desk at school. My daughter asked me to make something for her to collect Valentines at the class party in, and this is what I came up with.

Supplies used:
Proxxon Hot Wire Cutter
Proxxon Delta Sander
Mini crate
Black chalkboard paint
Hot pink paint
Red glitter paint
Adhesive
Ribbon
Chalk marker
"Love" wood piece

How I made it:
Sand the wood crate with the Proxxon Delta Sander
Sand the "Love" wood piece with the Proxxon Delta Sander
I used chalkboard paint to paint the crate
I used hot pink paint to paint the "Love" wood piece
I added some red glitter paint on top of the hot pink paint
I cut and heat sealed some Valentine's ribbon with my Proxxon Hot Wire Cutter
I added the ribbon to the top of the crate and glued the "Love" wood piece to the front
I added my daughter's name to the side with the chalk marker
I also added her name to the front with the chalk marker
I really love how this project turned out! It was so easy to decorate with the help from my Proxxon Delta Sander and Proxxon Hot Wire Cutter!

I love to see your projects! Tag me on Instagram @TammySmithSantana

xoxo Tammy












2 comments:

Steph Ackerman said...

Great project Tammy.

Cindy said...

I see you're getting the Valentine groove on! I really like this project.