Thursday, June 20, 2019

How To Build A Patriotic Flag Holder

   
      Hello friends! This is the time of year that I decorate my home with a lot of patriotic things. My living room especially since it has a lot of red in it. It's my favorite color! Since I just received my new Proxxon Table Saw FET I decided to make something using it. I'm making a Patriotic Flag Holder, which could be used as a centerpiece or placed on a mantle. Follow along with me and I'll show you how I made it.






Supplies:
  •   Proxxon Table Saw FET
  •   Proxxon Delta Sander
  •   Scrap lumber  3/4" thick
  •   1 wooden bun foot 
  •   1/4" drill bit and drill
  •   Wood glue
  •   Waxing Brush
  •   Plaid Apple Barrel Paint  Barn Red, Award Blue, Antique White
  •   Plaid Inspirations Wax  Clear and Antique
  •   5 Cotton Tea Stained American Flags  7" x 11"
  1. Using the Proxxon Table Saw FET I cut 3 squares from my 3/4" scrap lumber. 4', 4 1/2", 5" square.



   2.  Using the Proxxon Delta Sander I rounded over the top edges slightly of each square.


3.  Using the wood glue I glued and stacked them largest to smallest on top.



4. Next I glued the Bun Foot on top of my stack (these can be purchased where they sell furniture building supplies).  Let dry.

5.  Now I drilled the holes for my flags. One on the top and four on the sides drilled at a slight angle.




6. Paint using the Plaid Apple Barrel Paint in a design of your choice. Let dry.




7. Apply a coat of Plaid Inspirations Clear Wax using a waxing brush and let dry. Lastly apply     sparingly the Plaid Inspirations Antique Wax and let dry. Insert the five flags and enjoy!



    

2 comments:

Carol Wulf said...

What a clever idea and it came out beautiful!! Just in time for the 4th of July. Nice work and very good instructions.

Barbara Moore said...

Oh that's just awesome! Great job and what a nifty idea!