Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Father's Day Personalized Engraved Pilsner Glass Tutorial Featuring The Proxxon Glass Engraving Kit

 Hi everyone and thanks for stopping by the Proxxon Tools blog today. Tammy here with a fun Father's Day project and review of the Proxxon Glass Engraving Tool
 When I received the glass engraving tool, it was packaged in a sturdy carrying case and had easy to follow directions. It also came with a practice glass to perfect my skills before making my Father's Day project. 
 The tool was so easy to use! I was able to create this cute bud vase on my very first attempt with the practice glass. 
I like it so much, I keep it on my desk!
After I was comfortable using the tool, I had my daughter draw this note to her dad for Father's Day and I etched it onto a pilsner glass with the Glass Engraving Tool.

How I did it:
1. My daughter used a Sharpie marker to write a note on a piece of copy paper. 
2. I placed the paper face side out on the inside of the glass and taped it to the glass.
3. I was able to easily trace the fine details of the drawing with the glass engraving tool, so it looks like she drew it on herself!

This would be a great gift for any dad that enjoys a cold beverage every once in a while, and you can easily trace any image with the tool so the possibilities are endless! I hope this gives you some ideas on how to use the Proxxon Glass Engraving Tool. It is becoming my new favorite tool for sure!

Supplies I used:
Pilsner glass from The Dollar Store
Paper
Sharpie marker
Tape

Let's be friends!

No comments: