Friday, May 6, 2016

Happy Mother's Day Engraved Glass Vase

Hi everyone Steph Ackerman here today and I'm working with the Complete Glass Engraving Set.  This tool weighs only 4 ounces and has a touch sensitive switch for easy control.





I love colored glass and wanted to see the etching tool in process.  I die cut a Coutour Creations die and wrapped it around a vase, taping it in place before starting the etching process.


I carefully etched each section of the die, gently moving the tool back and forth until the area was etched.

 
 
It did not take long to etch the glass.  I was actually surprised that with the intricate design I chose to use that it went as quickly and as smoothly as it did.  This Engraver is so light you don't even feel the extra weight in your hand.


You can see the etched area is now white against the yellow background of the vase.  I couldn't wait to remove the die and see the design.


Once I pulled away the die cut, this is the design that I etched into the glass. 




So much fun and I can't wait to etch something else.


Thanks for stopping by today.



Steph

No comments: