Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Sweet Fairy House

Hi everyone, Steph Ackerman here today using Proxxon tools to create a sweet Fairy House.




Supplies:
Rinea Foiled Paper
Prima Flowers
Heartfelt Creations Dies
Makin's Clay Mold and clay
Stencil

My recent search through a thrift store came up with this fun find.  It was a roughly cut house I thought would be fun to work with.  Using the Delta Sander, I quickly smoothed the wood pieces and prepared them to be painted.


Next I painted each panel with Plaid Paints.  I wanted something bright and cheery so I chose Ceramcoat acrylic paint in Sunray, Sea Grass and South Sea.  Once painted, I again used the Delta Sander to resand the panels.  I used the PenSander to reach into the tiny areas.




Since the pieces were already slotted for easy assembly, I put the house together then added all the fun details I thought a fairy house would have.


The roof was stenciled with molding paste and a group of clay flowers was added to the side panels.


Leaf vines were created with Rinea Foiled papers and added so they appear to be climbing up the house.  Flowers were then added about the vines and along the edges of the house.



I found the perfect spot for my Fairy House sitting on the deck.  





 What do you think of my Fairy House?

Thanks for stopping by.

Steph






2 comments:

Carol Wulf said...

I love how you decorated it. It is so cute! The fairies are going to love it.

Misty said...

I love this blog if you want to get rid of it,
I would love to have one. If not guess I will have to
make it myself lol.
Love the concept and design what a wonderful job you
have done.
Very pretty thank you for sharing.