Wednesday, June 20, 2018

4th of July SIgn by Steph

Hi everyone, Steph here to share a new 4th of July sign created with my Proxxon Tools.


Supplies:

I drew the design I wanted to cut on a piece of wood, then used the Scroll Saw to cut the design.  Next I used the Bench Drill Press to drill a hole in the top.



Once cut, I used the Delta Sander to smooth out the panel.  With it's angled head, it was easy to get into the little crevises.


Then I had fun decorating it.  I painted it with Plaid Ultra Dye in Infra Red, a beautiful color.  With it's rich color, I only needed one coat of dye.  Next, I cut Canvas Corp. 4th of July paper to fit the center panel. I matted it with cardstock, then adhered it to the panel.



Next, I die cut fireworks and sparklers and added them in place.


Then I die cut USA to fit across the panel.


Finally I added some jute and the sign was ready to hang.

What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by.

Steph





1 comment:

Cindy said...

Great Fourth of July decoration Steph! It won't be long now!