Wednesday, October 23, 2019

How To Build A Colonial Tavern Shelf Using Proxxon Tools

  Hi Everyone. I recently acquired a few pieces of antique pewter that I wanted to display. I'm going to show you the Colonial Tavern Shelf  I made for them using my Proxxon Tools and how I did it.

Supplies:

  Proxxon Micro Band Saw
  Proxxon Table Saw FET
  Proxxon  Bench Drill Press
  Proxxon Delta Sander
  1/2' birch plywood
  3/4' pine boards
  Brad Nailer and 1 1/4' brads
  Wood Glue
  Black Stain  solid
  Plaid Waverly Inspirations Wax.. clear

  1. First I drew out my pattern on grid paper. I needed to make sure it would be the right size for what I wanted to display in it,
  2.  I then transferred the pattern to my 1/2' birch plywood. I did transfer the pattern to both sides of the wood incase I needed to flip it over.


  3.  Using the Proxxon Micro Bandsaw I cut out the detail at the top.
  4. I drew my pattern on the 3/4' pine and cut out the side pieces with the Proxxon Micro Bandsaw.


  5. I then cut the bottom and shelves to length using the Proxxon Table Saw FET. I dry fitted everything and checked for placement of the shelves and drilled the hole for hanging using the Proxxon Bench Drill Press.

  6. Next I laid all the pieces out and used the Proxxon Delta Sander to smooth the edges.

  7.  Using my brad nailer and wood glue I connected all the 3/4' pieces together.
  8.  I then connected the front to the back with wood glue and brads and did a little additional sanding.

  9.  I applied 2 coats of solid black stain and 2 coats of  Plaid Inspirations clear wax.

Here's my completed shelf. I love how it turned out and how my pewter compliments it. I hope you enjoyed my project.  Thanks for following along with me!   Colleen

No comments: