Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Happy Fall Sign

Hi everyone, Steph Ackerman here today sharing a new fall project.



The new sign was created with scraps of wood.  Using the Micro Bandsaw, I cut assorted sizes of blocks.  I wasn't too concerned with the sizes.


I used the Disc Sander to sand the edges of each block.


Next, I used Plaid FolkArt Paints to paint each block.


I needed a longer strip of wood to adhere the smaller blocks on, so I cut another strip of wood using the Micro Bandsaw again.


Next, I used the Bench Drill Press to drill holes in the ends of the strip.


I glued burlap to the panel, then glued the smaller blocks on top.


To decorate, I created assorted clay embellishments, inking each with Brilliance inks.


Placing the letters on each block, I adhered the clay leaves to each block.


Happy Fall.

Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: