Monday, February 10, 2020

How To Build A Colonial Table Riser


    Hi everyone!  I'd like to show you how I made a simple table riser. It could have multiple purposes from purely decorative to lifting something hot off your table. I first made a round one to put under a lantern and later I made a rectangle one that I want to go down the center of my farm table. It's an easy project and can be modified to any size you need. Follow along with me and I'll show you how I made it using my Proxxon tools.

Supplies:
  •  1" x 12" pine boards (various lengths)
  • Proxxon Table Saw
  • Proxxon Micro Band Saw
  •  Proxxon Delta Sander
  • Wood Glue
  • Brad Nailer (optional)
  • Plaid Paint black
  • Plaid Waverly Inspirations Clear Wax
 Draw your pattern on the 12" pine board.

Cut the board off with the Proxxon Table saw leaving the section with the pattern.



Using the Proxxon Mini Band Saw, cut out the pattern.


Draw the leg pattern on the corner scraps. You will need 4 of these.


Sand edges of all the pieces using the Proxxon Delta Sander. Glue legs to the circle using wood glue. 


Can also be secured with brads.(optional)


Paint with Plaid paint. I used black.


Finish with a coat of clear wax (Plaid Waverly Inspirations)
Thanks for following along with me. Colleen


No comments: