Saturday, July 17, 2021

How To Make A Eagle Wallhanging Part Two




 




This will be the directions for making the bunting that hangs below the eagle.  For supplies you can refer to Part One.


I drew the pattern for the bunting then transferred it to the MDF. 

 



Due to the size of this sheet of MDF I needed to cut off some excess before I could cut it out with the Proxxon MICRO bandsaw.  For this I used the Proxxon Micro Jig Saw.






Now with a lot of the excess wood eliminated I was able to finish cutting out the bunting with the  Proxxon MICRO Bandsaw.




Using red, white and blue Plaid paint I painted the stripes and stars. Let dry




  
Now is kind of where the magic happens. Using scrap paper and black spray paint I made it look like it was ruffled. Finding the center spot at the top make a mark. Then using two sheets of paper cover all the paint except for a small wedge coming from that center mark. LIGHTLY SPRAY with the black spray paint.  Move the paper around from the center point out and lightly spray wedges. I gives the illusion of it being ruffled. Let dry.



I screwed two small eye screws into the top of the bunting.  I took twine and wrapped twice around the eagles branch going through the eye screws to hang the bunting. I coated both pieces with the varnish (back, front and all edges).  I also tapped in two picture hangers behind the eagles wings for hanging.




Hope you enjoyed my wall hanging!  Thanks for following along with me :-)...Colleen

Thank you Proxxon!










No comments: